Lewisburg Middle & High, Sacred Heart, DCAC
I received my B.A. in English from Freed-Hardeman University in 2012. In 2018 I received my M.B.A. from Delta State University.
This is my first year teaching! Before becoming an EL Teacher for DCS, I worked at Northwest Mississippi Community College as a Transcript Specialist in the Office of Admissions and Records (3 years) and as a Career Navigator in the WIN Job Center (2 years). Before working at NWCC, I worked as a Claims Analyst for State Farm Insurance.
I've known I've wanted to be a teacher for most of my life, but the thought of it has always scared me. This summer I took a leap of faith and jumped at the chance to teach EL. After all, if your dreams don't scare you, are they big enough?
Speaking and Listening Practice:
Grammar and Vocabulary Practice:
Here is a list of online websites that are offering students the opportunity to read for free:
- Provides easy access to eBooks, read-alongs, audiobooks, databases, and vidoes.
- Username: mde20202 Password: mde20202
Junior Library Guild Digital
- Free eBooks and audio resources;
- Username: JLGMID Password: JLGFREE
- While schools are closed, Audible is offering instant steaming across six different languages. The stories are free to stream desktop, laptop, phone or tablet
World Book Online Encyclopedia
- Free access to verified and trustworthy resources for all grade levels.
- Free eBooks and audiobooks for all grade levels.
- Username: tumble735 Password: books
First Regional Library
- Offers Free eBooks and audiobooks