About the Teacher:
MRS. TRACY SMITH
English Language Learners
Chickasaw Elementary School
Education: I graduated from the University of Memphis with a Master of Arts degree in Teaching. My major was Curriculum and Instruction. I am certified to teach Elementary Education in grades K-8 and have an endorsement as an Early Grade Specialist. In addition, I am certified to teach English as a Second Language in grades K-12.
Experience: I have over 25 years of experience in teaching children in grades K-3, including schools in Desoto County, Shelby County, and Memphis area private schools. I love working with children and truly feel that I was "called" to teach. Thank you so much for sharing your child with me each day and for allowing me to partner with you to help your child reach their full potential.
Bio: My husband, Mark, and I have been married for over 28 years and have two children, Chandler and Hunter. We live in Collierville and are members of Orchard Fellowship Church. When I am not at school, you will probably find me on the lake with my family or down in Oxford, cheering on my favorite team, the Ole Miss Rebels.
📱🖥 Chickasaw EL Support Hours
I want to help in any way I can during this difficult time! The support hours listed below are for teachers, students, parents, and families. I will be online and ready to help with instruction, support, or any other need you have. You are more than welcome to just pop in to say hello too!
📲 Click here to join our live Zoom meeting during the support hours listed below: https://zoom.us/j/192090588
Our Daily Zoom Meeting ID: # 192 090 588
Daily EL Support Hours (via Zoom)
10:00-11:30 Academic Support for Students, Parents, & Families
11:30-12:00 Collaboration with General Ed & SPED Teachers
🎓 Distance Learning From Home
As we transition to distance learning, please know that you may reach out to me at any time by email, through a School Status message, or during one of my daily Zoom support sessions (see link above). I understand that this is new to all of us, but we will work together and get through this together. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and my prayers at this time. If I can support you or your child in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me!
📝 EL Learning Opportunities
Monday - Reading
• Read the story titled April Showers at the link below. Then answer the questions about the story.
Tuesday - Writing
• Writing prompt: Write a paragraph stating what you learned from the story you read yesterday (linked above). You may illustrate it with a rainbow or a rainy day picture. Have your parents take a picture and send it to me on School Status.☺︎
Wednesday - Speaking
• Speaking prompt (Answer at our daily Zoom meeting or tell a family member at home) Remember to speak in complete sentences and IN ENGLISH!
• Tell me a story about a day you remember when it rained. What did you do? Did you like the rain?
Thursday - Listening
• Follow the link below for listening practice
Friday - Fun Friday!
• Spend 15-20 on FunBrain!