Online Translation Tools
- Upload documents to translate using the desktop site
- Translate voice in real time with the mobile app
- Use the mobile app's camera function to translate printed documents like worksheets
- Students with non-alphabetic languages can use the handwriting function in the mobile app to write and translate to English
- Google Translate gets better and more accurate constantly. Some languages translate better than others, and it is always best to communicate in simple sentences if possible.
- Learn more about all the things Google Translate can do in this article: https://www.leonardoenglish.com/blog/google-translate-superpowers
- Students can translate any page in Google Chrome by right clicking
- Teachers should ensure that a student's contact's language is set correctly.
- When teachers send a text, it will translate automatically.
- When parents send a text, translation will be available within SchoolStatus.
- For more information, click here: https://help.schoolstatus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038812631-Translate-Text-Messages-to-and-from-Parents#:~:text=Simply%20type%20out%20your%20message,Send%20when%20you%20are%20ready!
- You can use Microsoft Translator in PowerPoint Online to provide subtitles of what you are saying and translate in real time
- You can use this while projecting a presentation, or have students or parents scan a QR code to get the subtitles with translations on their phone.
- For more information, click here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/using-microsoft-translator-in-a-presentation-2582d976-97ea-4bf3-af1b-3647d925240a
- YouTube has automatically generated and, in some cases, created captions.
- Turn on CC, Then click on the Settings Wheel and choose your language under Subtitles. Students may also want to change the Playback Speed to listen to the English words more slowly. See these steps in the gif below!
- Say Hi is an app similar to Google Translate with the same features for conversations and using the camera to translate a print document.
- Say Hi is great for Arabic speakers and other smaller languages because it has different options for different countries.
- Learn more about Say Hi at https://www.sayhi.com/en/translate/
- DeepL advertises itself as the world's most accurate machine translator.
- It works well for documents and text and includes a glossary that is helpful when learning a new language.
- Learn more about DeepL at https://www.deepl.com/whydeepl/