Welcome to the #TeamDCS Translation and Interpretation Services Page!
#TeamDCS values the importance of communication between parents and schools and we are currently able to provide language services in Spanish to facilitate communications among students, parents, teachers, administrators, and all district staff.
PROCEDURES FOR REQUESTING (ORAL) INTERPRETATION SERVICES
- Send all requests and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the following request form: https://forms.office.com/r/iHTwY5P3t9
- On the request form, please provide the interpreter a summary of the purpose or objective of the meeting ahead of time. For IEP meetings, please provide the interpreter a copy of the IEP.
- Submit your request AT LEAST 3 school days in advance. Requests will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis and will be added to your calendar as a calendar invite.
- If any of the three requested dates/times is not available, you will be notified to request a new date/time.
*If a meeting has been canceled/rescheduled, contact the interpreter IMMEDIATELY.
PROCEDURES FOR REQUESTING (WRITTEN) TRANSLATION SERVICES
- Documents must be submitted at least 5 school-days preceding the desired delivery date.
- All documents must be submitted in editable text format: Word, Power Point, etc. No PDFs. Please note: No part of the document can be protected.
- Lengthy translations require more time. Large documents will be assigned a completion date based on size and work volume. It may exceed 10 school days. Please plan accordingly.
- Formatted documents with pictures, boxes, slides require additional time to ensure consistency with the source document.
*Please note: IEPs are excluded from translation requests.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Erika Rivera at (662)449-7182 or at (901)493-6501.
WordReference is a great resource for various online language dictionaries.
LEP.gov is a Federal clearinghouse for information and resources to help address the needs of limited English proficient people and communities.
4teachers.org has resources on Limited English Proficiency and English Skills from the University of Kansas.
Colorin Colorado is a bilingual website that provides parents and families with information to help their children become good readers and successful students. This page for families contains reading tips and activities, suggestions for choosing books to read with children, ideas for getting involved at a child's school and more.