Hello! My name is Whitney Knight-Rorie. This is my fifth year as an EL Teacher at Southaven Elementary! I live in Southaven with my husband and love crocheting, manatees, MSU, roller coasters, and SES! Please email me at any time in any language.
During this difficult time, my thoughts are with you and your family. We will learn through this together!
Parents: Contact Liliana Rangel at (662)449-7182.
Teachers: Visit the website of Liliana Rangel, the district translator.
Summer Learning Time!
- Listen to a podcast
- Listen to one of the videos at National Geographic Kids!
- Listen to one of these listening challenges
After you listen, answer these questions:
- What was the MAIN IDEA? (What was it mostlly about?)
- What is one DETAIL (small part) that you remember?
- What is your OPINION about the topic? (What do you think about it?)
- Visit the library and get an ebook!
- Visit Storyline Online and listen to a celebrity read a book!
- Or visit GuysRead.com!
- Read a book in multiple languages at Unite for Literacy!
- Write a JOURNAL about something that happened to you today
- Write a SUMMARY of something you have read or watched recently
- Write a STORY that you made up!
- Look around you and write as many words as you can to DESCRIBE your surroundings.
- Make a list of your FAVORITE THINGS. Write to tell why those things are your favorites.
- Find a toy or thing in your house. Make a speech about what the thing looks like and why it is useful.
- Tell friend a SUMMARY about something you have read recently.
- Pretend to be a teacher and tell a friend, toy, or family member how to do something.
- Pretend to be a reporter on the news and tell all about what happened in your house today!
Read Online in TWO LANGUAGES:
Time for Kids en español GRATIS (solo necesita correo electrónico) -- https://time.com/tfk-spanish/?fbclid=IwAR2cW2DuZivJwTAhORJl9BvRoiFo4SKwP4YmBG7yFPNU6BVqygQir8wfE8o
Read Conmigo -- readconmigo.org